Link to Article: StarKist Summer Salad | StarKist.
1 pouch (2.6 oz.) StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
3 cups salad greens, washed
4 artichoke heart quarters
¼ cup sliced roasted red peppers
6 olives, (kalamata and green olives) sliced in half
2 Tbsp. Blue cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar dressing or olive oil and red wine vinegar (optional)
Place salad greens in large bowl. Add tuna, artichoke hearts, peppers, olives, blue cheese and pine nuts and toss well.
If desired, sprinkle with some olive oil and red wine vinegar or balsamic dressing and serve
Another Stress free summer snack!!!! 🙂
- Desired amount of oranges
- Flavored Jello (still in the packet)
- Cut an orange in half and use spoon to scoop out the fruit from inside. (Eat and enjoy the fruit!!!)
- Make your favorite flavored Jello.
- Pour the Jello into the orange halves.
- Put each the orange halves in the fridge. Leave them until they set.
- Take the halves out of the fridge after they are solid.
- Cut each orange half into slices.
- Arrange the orange slices on a plate.
- Ready to eat!!! 🙂
Or if you want to “switch it up” a bit…
Try using different citrus fruits:
Although it is not the healthiest idea… You could also “spike” your jello with your favorite adult beverage:
** All images in this article were obtained through Google Images…
Although we make these at home often, these are not jello slices I made… 😉 **
Hi Everybody!!! Here is a stress free recipe I found online… I haven’t tried this yet, so let me know what you think… 😉
Photo by: Tina Rupp
A healthy family is a happy family
Try this sandwich version of the kid favorite
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 small Italian rolls or 1 loaf French bread cut into four 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup bottled pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or a blend (such as Kraft 5-Cheese Italian)
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, or 16 slices pepperoni
- 4 tsp grated parmesan cheese
Let’s get started
- Preheat indoor grill or grill pan. Split rolls in half. Spoon 2 tablespoons pizza sauce on half of each roll. Top each with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup broccoli or 4 slices pepperoni, and 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- Place sandwiches on grill, cover, and cook them for 4 minutes, until cheese is melted. Cool slightly and slice on diagonal. Serve with sliced yellow or red peppers.
- You can also cook panini on a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Place a smaller skillet on top of sandwich to flatten slightly. Cook 2 minutes, carefully flip, flatten, and cook 2 more minutes.
Per serving (with broccoli): 349 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated), 928 mg sodium, 11 mg cholesterol.
Happy eating!!! 🙂