Poke a wooden spoon or stick through the lid of a yogurt cup and pop it into the freezer.
Voila! Enjoy your frozen treat.
Link to Recipe: The Bikini Chef Susan Irby | Grilled Wild Salmon.
Only 300 calories per serving and loaded with protein!
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 fingerling potatoes (about 8 ounces)
- 4 small red onions, cut into 1-inch slices (about 1 pound)
- 4 Vidalia spring onions, quartered (about 8 ounces)
- 4 cipollini onions (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups sliced fennel (about 7 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 cups pea tendrils or baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Lemon Vinaigrette
- Prepare grill.
- Place potatoes in a large pot of boiling water and cook 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add onions and sliced fennel to pot of potatoes and cook 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain.
- Toss vegetables with oil. Place vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until tender and lightly browned. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, fennel fronds, and parsley.
- Sprinkle salmon with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place salmon on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place 1 salmon fillet onto each of 4 plates. Toss pea tendrils with Lemon Vinaigrette. Place about 1/2 cup pea tendril mixture over salmon.
- Add 1 1/2 cups grilled vegetables to each serving, and serve immediately.
Link to Recipe: Healthy Breaded Shrimp | Skinnytaste.
Healthy Breaded Shrimp
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4
Calories: 134.6 • Fat: 2.1 g • Protein: 18.2 g • Carb: 9.5 g • Fiber: 0.6 g • Sugar: 0.8 g Sodium: 424.4 mg (without salt)
16 oz jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (weight after peeling 12.5 oz)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup egg substitute (egg beaters)
6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tbsp panko
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Put the egg beaters in one bowl, and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.
Wash and dry the shrimp. Season shrimp with salt and pepper, then put a few at a time in the bowl with the egg beaters to coat.
Put a few pieces of shrimp at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on a baking sheet. Once all the shrimp is breaded, if you still have crumbs left, re-dip the shrimp back into the egg beaters and then back into crumbs and back onto the baking sheet.
Spray the top of the shrimp generously with baking spray then bake in the middle rack for about 6-7 minutes. Turn shrimp over then cook another 3 minutes or until cooked though. Remove from oven and serve right away with lemon wedges.
Link to Recipe: Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts | Skinnytaste.