Link to Recipe: The Bikini Chef Susan Irby | Grilled Wild Salmon.
Only 300 calories per serving and loaded with protein!
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 fingerling potatoes (about 8 ounces)
- 4 small red onions, cut into 1-inch slices (about 1 pound)
- 4 Vidalia spring onions, quartered (about 8 ounces)
- 4 cipollini onions (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups sliced fennel (about 7 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 cups pea tendrils or baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Lemon Vinaigrette
- Prepare grill.
- Place potatoes in a large pot of boiling water and cook 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add onions and sliced fennel to pot of potatoes and cook 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain.
- Toss vegetables with oil. Place vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until tender and lightly browned. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, fennel fronds, and parsley.
- Sprinkle salmon with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place salmon on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place 1 salmon fillet onto each of 4 plates. Toss pea tendrils with Lemon Vinaigrette. Place about 1/2 cup pea tendril mixture over salmon.
- Add 1 1/2 cups grilled vegetables to each serving, and serve immediately.