Link to Article: Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks | Skinnytaste.
Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks
Servings: 12 • Serving Size: 2 pieces • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 2 pts*
Calories: 86.8* • Fat: 4.8 g • Protein: 7.4 g • Carb: 3.5 g • Fiber: 0.2 g • Sugar: 0.2
12 sticks part-skim, reduced sodium mozzarella string cheese (Sargento)
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp flour
5 tbsp Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
5 tbsp panko crumbs
2 tsp parmesan cheese
1 tbsp dried parsley
olive oil cooking spray (I used my misto)
- Cut cheese in half to give you 24 pieces. Place cheese in the freezer until cheese is frozen.
- Dip the frozen sticks in flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, then coat with the crumbs.
- Repeat this process with the remaining cheese placing them on a tray with wax paper. Place cheese back into the freezer until ready to bake (this is a must or they will melt before the crumbs get golden).
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with oil.
- Place frozen cheese sticks on baking sheet. Spray the tops of the mozzarella sticks with a little more oil and bake in the bottom third of your oven until crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 4 – 5 minutes watching them closely so they don’t melt.
Makes 24 pieces.