Hi Everybody!!! Here is a stress free recipe I found online… I haven’t tried this yet, so let me know what you think… 😉
Photo by: Tina Rupp
A healthy family is a happy family
Try this sandwich version of the kid favorite
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 small Italian rolls or 1 loaf French bread cut into four 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup bottled pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or a blend (such as Kraft 5-Cheese Italian)
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, or 16 slices pepperoni
- 4 tsp grated parmesan cheese
Let’s get started
- Preheat indoor grill or grill pan. Split rolls in half. Spoon 2 tablespoons pizza sauce on half of each roll. Top each with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup broccoli or 4 slices pepperoni, and 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- Place sandwiches on grill, cover, and cook them for 4 minutes, until cheese is melted. Cool slightly and slice on diagonal. Serve with sliced yellow or red peppers.
- You can also cook panini on a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Place a smaller skillet on top of sandwich to flatten slightly. Cook 2 minutes, carefully flip, flatten, and cook 2 more minutes.
Per serving (with broccoli): 349 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated), 928 mg sodium, 11 mg cholesterol.
Happy eating!!! 🙂