Stress relief and eating right go hand in hand. Please read this information, it could save your life. – Me..
The website features practical information and tips to help Americans build healthier diets. It features selected messages to help consumer focus on key behaviors.
The Ten Tips Nutrition Education Series provides consumers and professionals with high quality, easy-to-follow tips in a convenient, printable format. These are perfect for posting on a refrigerator.
These tips and ideas are a starting point. You will find a wealth of suggestions here that can help you get started toward a healthy diet. Choose a change that you can make today, and move toward a healthier you. These tips are also available in Spanish.
- Choose MyPlate
- Add More Vegetables to Your Day
- Focus on Fruits
- Make Half Your Grains Whole
- Got Your Dairy Today?
- With Protein Foods, Variety Is Key
- Build a Healthy Meal
- Healthy Eating for Vegetarians
- Smart Shopping for Veggies and Fruits
- Liven up Your Meals With Vegetables and Fruits
- Kid-Friendly Veggies and Fruits
- Be a Healthy Role Model for Children
- Cut Back on Your Kid’s Sweet Treats
- Salt and Sodium
- Eat Seafood Twice a Week
- Eating Better on a Budget
- Use SuperTracker Your Way
- Enjoy Your Food, But Eat Less
- Make Better Beverage Choices NEW
- Make Celebrations Fun, Healthy & Active NEW
The site also covers a variety of other topics.
Some examples listed below:
o Balancing Calories
- Enjoy your food, but eat less.
- Avoid oversized portions.
o Foods to Increase
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables
- Make at least half your grains whole grains
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
o Foods to Reduce
- Compare sodium in foods like soup, bread, and frozen meals—and choose foods with lower numbers.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
**ChooseMyPlate.gov includes much of the consumer and professional
information formerly found on MyPyramid.gov**