In today’s busy world, stress is inevitable. Most people stress to one degree or another. Everyone reacts to their stress differently. While some seemingly let everything roll of their back, some may react emotionally, and others can get physically ill. Relatively small changes in your daily routine can help relieve reduce stress. One great way to relieve stress is as easy as a childhood game, Head, shoulder, knees, and toes….
Just getting up and moving for 10 minutes can:
- Increase blood flow throughout your body, including to your brain.
- Release your body from any aches and pains you might have incurred during the night while sleeping.
- Reduce stress levels.
- Increase energy levels.
- Rev up your metabolism
Even without a formal stretching routine you can do the following:
|Different easy techniques you can try from home (or anywhere)|
The techniques listed above are not considered a full body workout. They are different ways to stretch your body to get your blood circulating and loosen your muscles and joints. Incorporate stretching into a daily routine to help reduce stress. Don’t forget; this is as easy as taking a 10 minute walk, doing yoga, or stretching routine. Some examples include:
- Walk or bike to work.
- Take your dog for a short walk
- Walk or bike to work (or with your children to school.)
- Take a short jog around the neighborhood.
- Turn on some music and dance
- Jumping jacks
- Sit ups and push ups
- Housework such as mopping and sweeping.
- A quick swim
- Pulling weeds
- Shoveling snow
- Going up and down the stairs
If you are always on the move and can’t get away for 10 min, then “desk stretching” maybe perfect for you. You can stretch while you are at work, school, or even while studying at the library.
So as you can see, in as little as ten minutes you can totally release stress and get fit at the same time. Sounds like a plan to me… 😉
Happy Stretching!!! 🙂